OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets

Sunday, October 05, 2008

Avenged Sevenfold

Melvin sent me a song from this band; Avenged Sevenfold, titled Dear God. Saying this song is good, so i just took la. Judging from the name of the band, i assumed its some ganas, loud, head-banging, screaming song. Boy.....was it wrong...

What i have to say about this song is....its a very sad song yet meaningful song. Its as though using a song to wish or pray for someone's well being while being far away...and also a good song to keep one occupied or feel better when a loved one is far away..

Here's a snippet....

"There's nothing here for me on this barren road
There's no one here while the city sleeps
And all the shops are closed
Can't help but think of the times I've had with you
Pictures and some memories will have to help me through, oh yeah

Dear God the only thing I ask of you is

To hold her when I'm not around,
When I'm much too far away
We all need the person who can be true to you
I left her when I found her
And now I wish I'd stayed
'Cause I'm lonely and I'm tired
I'm missing you again oh no
Once again
"

Not actually the best feel good song around, the vocals are quite rough but through that, you can feel the raw emotion they are trying to instill into the song.

Listen to it here.......


Bet most have heard the song " Fall for you" by Secondhand Serenade. Don't you think its a great song to play or even sing for a loved one? The lyrics is just suitable for that moment....confirm the gal will fall for you (lol).

Ciao

No comments: